Muktinath Pony Tour
Muktinath pony tour is a different travel experience in Annapurna Himalayas. We offer this tour in Muktinath trail. This route is located in Annapurna Conservation area. This tour can be the best option for those travelers who don’t want to trek on foot or drive on bumping road along the beautiful area. Riding horse at this wide open dry land with surrounding mountains and Tibetan plateau is exciting, entertainment and amazing. During this time you visit Kagbeni, Muktinath temple, Marpha Village. You will have great views of Mt. Dhaulagiri, Mt. Nilgiri, Mt. Tilicho, Thorang Peak, Annnapurna range and also you will experience the lifestyle, culture of Thakali people.
|FACT OF THIS TRIP|
|Trip Duration||9 days tour|
|Minimum Altitude:||910m./3003 ft.|
|Accommodation:||Teahouse (Lodge to Lodge)|
|Meals:||Breakfast, lunch , Dinner with tea/coffee|
|Trek Departure:||Every day throughout the week|
|Group Size:||1 person (minimum) to 30 persons (maximum)|
|Best season:||Feb, March, April,Sep, Oct & Nov.|
|Available Time:||All months|
|Per day riding:||4 to 5 hours|
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu (1295m.)
Arrival in Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA), you will be greeted by Nepal alternative treks Airport Representative, and transfer by private vehicle to hotel (Kathmandu Garden home) at thamel in Kathmandu then stay there overnight on B/B basis.
In the evening, short introductory program will be organized at NATE with your trekking/tour guide and he will brief you about the trip. He will check your equipments for the trip before you leave Kathmandu.
Day 2: Kathmandu-Pokhara overland (730m. ) 6 hrs. drive
Drive in the morning at 7:00 am to Pokhara by tourist bus. Along the drive, you will be referred to seat at the right hand side to see beautiful landscape of local village and Trishuli river. Bus will be stopped at along the way after 2 hours for breakfast and again stop for quick lunch before getting Pokhara. You will be transferred to hotel by private vehicle and stay overnight at hotel on b/b basis.
Explore around Fewa lake and Barahi temple in the evening. B+L
Day 3: Pokhara-Jomsom fly- Drive to Kagbeni (2713m.)
Fly early morning to Jomsom(2713m./8952ft.) 25 minutes. You will have wonderful flight to Jomsom as Annapurna and Fishtail will be on right hand side and Dhaulagiri and other snowcapped mountains will be on your left hand side. After landing at Jomsom, drive gradual on the ridge of Kaligandai river and open desert to entry Gate of Upper mustang ( Kagbeni). Today is just one hour driving to Kagbeni for digesting the altitude then stay there overnight at lodge. B+L+D
Day 4: Kagbeni-Muktinath (3800m. ) 3 hrs
Heading up to Muktinath 3 hours. Muktinath is an important pilgrimage place for both Hindus and Buddhists. You will Visit Vishnu Temple and Gompa. Stay overnight there at lodge. B+L+D
Day 5: Muktinath -Jomsom-Marpha ( 2500m.) 4 hrs.
Today is quite surreal as you trek along a plateau above the Kali Gandaki world`s deepest gorge. The barren landscape of this area resembles. There is a 360* panorama of peaks: Dhaulagari, Tukuche Peak, the three Nilgiris, Fang and Annapurna I. Stay overnight at lodge. B+L+D
Day 6: Marpha-Tatopani (1100m.) 4 hrs
Emerge back into subtropical forests, lush with vegetation. You will see more villages in this area; enjoy observing the everyday lives of the local village people. After beautiful ride, you will reach to Tatopani/hot spring (1100m./3630ft.) then stay there overnight at lodge on FB basis.
In the evening, Relax with a bath in the hot spring . B+L+D
Day 7: Tatopani-Beni-Pokhara by overland 5 hrs.
Drive to Pokhara by overland following the Kaligandaki river and Modi river to Pokhara. Stay overnight at hotel on b/b basis. B+L
Day 8: Pokhara-Kathmandu by tourist bus 6 hrs.
Drive to Kathmandu by tourist bus and transfer to hotel for overnight on b/b basis. B+L
Day 9: Departure
Nepal alternative treks provide private transportation to Tribhuan International Airport ( TIA). B
B= Breakfast, L= Lunch, D= Dinner
- Pick up and drop from/to international airport.
- Hotel accommodation (Kathmandu Garden home) in Kathmandu.
- Hotel accommodation in Pokhara.
- Kathmandu to Pokhara and return to Kathmandu by tourist bus.
- Annapurna Conservation Area Project (ACAP) permit.
- Horse and horse man for entire tour as per itinerary.
- Tatopani-Beni-Pokhara by local jeep/bus.
- Pokhara-Jomsom by flight.
- Domestic airport tax.
- All accommodation along the tour.
- All meals (Breakfast, lunch, dinner with tea/coffee three times in day in a cup) along the tour.
- One English and local language fluent speaking, government registered, experienced, honest, informative and helpful tour / trekking guide.
- Guide’s food, salary, accommodation, transportation, equipments and insurance etc.
- Water purification iodine drop/pills to protect the environment from plastic bottles.
- All kind of government tax and service charge.
- All kind of table drinks as coke, Fanta, beer, mineral water, hot water, battery charge, hot shower, desert etc.
- Personal travel insurance.
- Tips for guide (Highly suggested).
Nepal Tour Packages
Search Your Activities